My experience crafting solutions to the toughest problems sets me apart.
As your city council member, I have prioritized economic vitality, environmental sustainability, and keeping Louisville a place where everyone is welcome. I have worked to protect and expand open space in Ward 3, supported residents and businesses most affected by COVID-19, and protected our small town character.
As a life long public servant, I have led efforts to expand access to affordable, quality health care in Louisville and across Colorado. Working for two Colorado Governors and two senior U.S. Senators, I have fought against the repeal of the Affordable Care Act. I am working to bring new, affordable health care options to our community. Examples and press coverage of my work are below.
Louisville City Council
- Supported making housing more affordable through inclusive zoning ordinance (Approved on June 15, 2021)
- Voted to protect open space in Ward III (131 Cherry St. near Daughenbaugh open space)
- Working to reduce airport noise with surrounding communities, federal government and Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport
- Supported $1 million in COVID relief programs for local business struggling with the economic downturn. (Round 1, 2, and 3).
- Expanded economic assistance for those impacted by global pandemic.
- Promoted wearing masks to protect at-risk populations
- Supported moving city to 100% renewable energy (see discussion at 6-16-2020 council meeting)
- Supported increased sustainability, including electric vehicle charging stations in new development
- Worked to ban use of toxic herbicides in city parks and open space
- Created a new Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion task force.
- Led efforts to celebrate June as LGBTQ Pride month and wrote Louisville’s first ever Pride month Resolution.
- Protected residents from rate increases for stormwater, wastewater during coronavirus pandemic (Colorado Hometown Weekly)
- Colorado Hometown Weekly: “Louisville councilmember Kyle Brown announces candidacy for Ward 3”
- Colorado Hometown Weekly: “Louisville City Council Swears in Kyle Brown as Ward III Representative”
- Colorado Hometown Weekly: “Louisville City Council chooses Kyle Brown to fill Ward III Vacancy”
Expanding Access to Quality, Affordable Health Care
- Colorado Legislature: Testimony in opposition to the repeal of the statewide reinsurance program (SB20-145 at 2:12:47)
- Colorado Legislature: Testimony in Support of the Public Option (HB20-1349 at 6:30:45)
Expanding COVID-19/Coronavirus Testing
- Colorado Public Radio: Interview with Ryan Warner on antibody testing
- Colorado Public Radio: Interview with Andrea Dukakis
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science: Presentation for webinar series on COVID-19 testing
Protecting Health Care Coverage
- NYTimes: Governors from both parties plotted to derail Senate Health Bill
- NYTimes: “In a letter on Wednesday, 10 governors — five Republicans and five Democrats — urged the Senate to reject a “skinny” repeal measure.”
- C-SPAN: Governor Hickenlooper discusses plan to stabilize health insurance markets (I get a shout out at 1:02:50, 1:29:45, 1:30:30)
- Washington Post: New Health Plan Stumbles under opposition from Governors
- The Hill: Governors call on Congress to stabilize marketplace
- AP: Governors ask to renew Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Denver Post: Governors ask to Renew Children’s Health Insurance Program
- CPR: Governors ask to reauthorize CHIP
Standing up for Women’s Health Care
- Two dozen senators: Susan G. Komen should Planned Parenthood funding (I wrote and organized this letter)